7 more COVID-19 related deaths have been reported.
An additional 400 cases of the virus have been confirmed in the Republic with fewer than five in Kerry.
Of the deaths reported today 2 occurred in April, 2 occurred in March and 3 occurred in February.
The median age of those who died was 78 years and the age range was 62 - 89 years.
There has been a total of 4,737 COVID-19 related deaths in Ireland.
As of midnight, Wednesday, the Health Protection Surveillance Centre has been notified of 400 confirmed cases of COVID-19.
There is now a total of 239,723 confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Ireland.
Of the cases notified today:
• 205 are men / 193 are women
• 72% are under 45 years of age
• The median age is 35 years old
• 162 in Dublin, 61 in Kildare, 26 in Cork, 21 in Galway, 17 in Donegal and the remaining 113 cases are spread across 18 other counties.
As of 8am today, 226 COVID-19 patients are hospitalised, of which 55 are in ICU. 11 additional hospitalisations in the past 24 hours.
As of April 5th 2021, 940,883 doses of COVID-19 vaccine have been administered in Ireland:
• 667,182 people have received their first dose
• 273,701 people have received their second dose