Many paths and trails, as well as some car parks, in Killarney National Park are closed as a result of flooding.
The National Parks and Wildlife Service says several areas in the park are inaccessible due to flooding:
· The mass path from Derrycunnihy to Lord Brandon's cottage.
· The Old Kenmare road from Derrycunnihy (through Incheens and Ullauns) where the Galway's River has burst its banks.
· The Muckross-Dinis loop / peninsula.
· The Old Kenmare Road at Cores / Esknamucky.
· From Ross Castle through Reen.
· The river walk from White's Bridge to the Game Wood.
· The Lower Road in Tomies wood.
The Ross Castle car parks are also not open to the public due to flooding.
We're being asked to adhere to Met Éireann guidelines and to use discretion when visiting Killarney National Park in the course of the current weather alert.