Kerry college denies there was a gas leak at its campus yesterday

A Kerry college denies there was a gas leak at its campus yesterday.

A number of students in the Kerry College of Further Education in Clash, Tralee, became ill on Thursday afternoon and emergency services were called.

Principal of KCFE Mary Lucey says, as per college protocol, the HSE and specialist gas inspectors were notified.


Tests revealed there was no carbon monoxide leak on campus.

Ms Lucey adds the safety of over 700 students was the college’s priority at all times.