Kerry County Council is continuing its health and safety review of how a fire in Moyvane was dealt with by the fire service.
The fire which took place at a cottage on Church Road Moyvane last November, resulted in the closure of the local school the following day.
In the days following the fire at the cottage, concerns were raised by fire fighters about their welfare during the fire and possible exposure to asbestos.
There was also a call from cllrs for an independent review of how the fire was dealt with including how fireman’s gear was examined.
CEO of Kerry County Council Moira Murrell told cllrs that health and safety was a matter for council management and refused a request from them to meet with the Chief Fire Officer.
Responding to a request for the status of the review the council said it was ongoing and that it would be inappropriate to comment further at this time.