County Senior Football League Review

Credit Union Senior Football League Div 1
Austin Stacks 7 5 0 2 127 92 35 10
Kerins O`Rahilly’s 7 5 0 2 144 112 32 10
Spa 7 5 0 2 127 111 16 10
Rathmore 7 4 1 2 137 116 21 9
Kilcummin 7 4 0 3 120 104 16 8
An Ghaeltacht 7 4 0 3 119 103 16 8
Dr Crokes 7 4 0 3 132 121 11 8
Dingle 7 4 0 3 111 120 -9 8
Killarney Legion 7 3 1 3 122 79 43 7
Na Gaeil 7 1 0 6 91 130 -39 2
Templenoe 7 1 0 6 99 170 -71 2
St Mary’s 7 1 0 6 71 142 -71 2

Credit Union Senior Football League Div 2
Kenmare Shamrocks 7 6 0 1 117 88 29 12
Glenbeigh-Glencar 7 5 1 1 90 77 13 11
Annascaul 7 4 1 2 106 83 23 9
Piarsaigh Na Dromoda 7 4 1 2 95 76 19 9
Ballymacelligott 6 3 1 2 101 91 10 7
Beaufort 6 3 1 2 93 87 6 7
John Mitchel’s 7 3 1 3 99 106 -7 7
Dr Crokes 7 3 0 4 116 126 -10 6
Ardfert Football Club 7 2 0 5 83 86 -3 4
Brosna 7 2 0 5 88 115 -27 4
Desmonds 7 1 2 4 118 145 -27 4
Glenflesk 7 1 0 6 88 114 -26 2

Credit Union Senior Football League Div 3
Gneeveguilla 6 6 0 0 118 67 51 12
Ballydonoghue 7 6 0 1 116 87 29 12
Listry 7 5 1 1 83 84 -1 11
Keel 7 3 2 2 73 85 -12 8
Listowel Emmets 7 3 1 3 98 94 4 7
St Senan’s 7 3 1 3 98 100 -2 7
Currow 7 3 0 4 98 116 -18 6
Milltown/Castlemaine 6 2 1 3 101 91 10 5
Firies 7 2 1 4 106 112 -6 5
Fossa 7 2 0 5 111 88 23 4
St Pats Blennerville 7 1 1 5 87 94 -7 3
Lispole 7 1 0 6 86 157 -71 2

Credit Union Senior Football League Div 4
Laune Rangers 7 6 0 1 114 85 29 12
Duagh 7 5 1 1 70 59 11 11
Churchill 7 5 1 1 117 86 31 11
Finuge 7 4 1 2 108 89 19 9
Castlegregory GAA Club 7 4 1 2 86 81 5 9
Waterville 7 3 1 3 115 111 4 7
Reenard 7 2 1 4 116 108 8 5
Skelligs Rangers 6 2 1 3 84 88 -4 5
Tarbert 6 2 1 3 56 63 -7 5
St Michael’s-Foilmore 7 2 1 4 93 107 -14 5
Cordal 7 1 1 5 96 112 -16 3
Valentia Young Islanders 7 0 0 7 30 96 -66 0

Credit Union Senior Football League Div 5 Gr A
Scartaglin 6 6 0 0 111 39 72 12
Beale 7 6 0 1 116 45 71 12
Sneem/Derrynane 7 5 0 2 116 99 17 10
Dingle 7 4 0 3 109 101 8 8
Ballyduff 7 4 0 3 82 92 -10 8
Kerins O`Rahilly’s 7 3 0 4 97 122 -25 6
Kenmare Shamrocks 7 2 0 5 55 104 -49 4
Milltown/Castlemaine 6 1 0 5 88 109 -21 2
Tuosist 5 1 0 4 40 67 -27 2
Dr Crokes 7 1 0 6 90 126 -36 2

Credit Union Senior Football League Div 5 Gr B
Kilgarvan 6 6 0 0 118 62 56 12
Knocknagoshel 6 6 0 0 100 68 32 12
Asdee 6 4 0 2 79 70 9 8
Moyvane 7 3 1 3 110 115 -5 7
Austin Stacks 6 3 0 3 117 69 48 6
Cromane 6 2 1 3 117 86 31 5
Killarney Legion 6 2 1 3 80 111 -31 5
Ballylongford 6 1 2 3 96 113 -17 4
John Mitchel’s 7 1 2 4 77 124 -47 4
Rathmore 6 1 1 4 87 109 -22 3
Beaufort 6 1 0 5 60 114 -54 2

Div 1
Kerins O’Rahilly’s 2-15 An Ghaeltacht 1-10
Spa Killarney 1-14 Dr Crokes 0-15
Dingle 2-11 Kilcummin 0-15
Austin Stacks 2-24 Templenoe 2-2
Legion 0-11 Rathmore 0-11
St Mary’s 2-08 Na Gaeil 1-10

Div 2
Annascaul 0-16 Beaufort 2-10
Jason O’Connor with a fulltime report;

John Mitchel’s 1-12 Brosna 0-8
Mitchel’s took an early lead in the game through Niall Sheehy but Brosna slowly ground their way into the match. HT score Brosna 0- 3 Mitchel’s 0-6.
The second half was nip and tuck with the sides level on 7 points each after 36 mins. Mitchel’s then pushed on and led for the rest of the second half to finish up winners by 6 points.
This was a brilliant win for Mitchels considering their injury list.

Dromid Pearses 1-10 Glenbeigh-Glencar 0-6
Piarsaigh na Dromoda recorded a comprehensive 1-10 to 0-06 victory against Glenbeigh Glencar in front of a large crowd in ideal conditions for football. Dromid were quicker off the blocks and registered three unanswered points from play, Niall O’Shea (2) and Chris Farley (1). Darren O’Sullivan opened Glenbeigh/Glencar’s account with a free on 13 minutes and Adrian O’Connor followed this up with a neat point from play. The pivotal moment of the first half came when Dromid’s lively wing forward John O’Shea flicked the ball passed the Glenbeigh Glencar keeper. Jack Brosnan did get a point back for Glenbeigh/Glencar but it was Dromid who would finish stronger with points from Farley and O’Shea after good work by Padraig Jackie O’Sullivan. Half time score Dromid 1-6 Glenbeigh Glencar 0-4.
Dromid began the second half quicker as Farley kicked a long range free after a foul on Dominic O’Sullivan and Dilan O’Donoghue kicked a great point on the run after a quick one-two with Padraig Jackie O’Sullivan. Farley and Jason McKenna traded points after 10 minutes of the second half. Glenbeigh Glencar enjoyed a lot of possession between the 10th and 20thminute of the second half but couldn’t break down the dogged Dromid defence who were aided by strong performances from Gearoid Jackie O’Sullivan, John O’Shea and Niall O Connor in particular. Shane O’Connor kicked Dromid’s last score of the game and Darren O Sullivan kicked Glengbeigh Glencars last score of the game from a free with just a minute remaining.

Castleisland Desmonds 3-11 Ballymacelligott 3-11

Glenflesk 0-11 Kenmare 2-12
Glenflesk’s hopes of survival were dealt a blow after losing at home to top of the table Kenmare in a fractious battle on Sunday afternoon. It was a game that saw two sending’s off and the result was uncertain until the final moments.
Kenmare opened the scoring with a free in the first minute. Glenflesk’s response was immediate. After great work from Alan Murphy, who got his fist to a ball he had no right to win, Mike Shea grabbed the ball and dissected the posts with his right foot. They added another soon after. Kenmare’s goalie vacated his area to come soloing out the field. He was dispossessed by Jerry Kennedy, who found Jeff O’Donoghue to double the home sides account. Kenmare’s captain Kevin O’Sullivan then scored two quick points as he found space in the Glenflesk rear guard. This gave Kenmare a one point lead after a hectic start. Ian Roche then got a delightful score for Glenflesk. After brilliantly collecting a pinpoint pass from midfielder O’Donoghue, he turned and fired a shot that went in off the post. Stephen O’Donoghue then added another as Glenflesks’ promising beginning continued. Kenmare corner back Dara Crowley was then sent off for a second yellow card for a foul on Roche before the score that would be crucial come the end. A high ball landed in the Glenflesk goalmouth and, after a scramble, David Hallissey fisted it to the net. It left Kenmare with a one four to five points lead at half time.
The second half started with an inspirational score for the home side. Midfielder O’Donoghue, with no space to work in, sold an outrageous solo dummy, before firing over an effortless shot in between the middle of the posts. Kenmare’s corner forwards, Paul O’Connor and Sean O’Leary, then scored back to back points before Glenflesk went on a four point run. One of these was a free from goalie Marc Kelliher who stroked the ball over in languid style. Dara Fleming also scored during this period after a move that involved multiple pairs of hands. Glenflesk now led by the minimum by a score of ten points to one six. Things were getting heated at this stage as every decision was being argued and re-argued. Then came the moment that turned the game Kenmare’s way; Jeff O’Donoghue getting a second yellow card for a tackle. Glenflesk were without their main score getter and winner of primary possession for the last ten minutes. They would still lead by a point with five minutes to go. Kenmare hadn’t got to the top of the table by panicking though. They had a blistering end to the game with sub Dara O’Shea’s left foot shot going into the net off the post and O’Connor showing his class by adding two points before Brian Clifford’s long range effort bringing a halt to proceedings.

Ardfert 2-13 Dr Crokes 1-8

Div 3
Fossa 4-6 St Senan’s 1-10
Gneeveguilla 2-15 Listowel Emmets 0-11
Ballydonoghue 2-12 Currow 1-11
Listry 0-13 Keel 0-10
Lispole 4-10 Firies 1-15
Milltown/Castlemaine 1-12 St Patrick’s Blennerville 0-11

Div 4
Castlegregory 3-8 Laune Rangers 1-11
It was the away side that got off to the stronger start and found themselves 4-1 up after 15 minutes with all the Rangers scores coming from the boot of Daire Cleary while Colm Mahony was Castle’s scorer. Then, Castle turned the whole game on its head with 2 superb goals in as many minutes. First Brandon Hoare latched onto a fantastic through ball from Maurice Slattery to brilliantly finish to the net over the advancing keeper. Then after a fantastic turnover from Podge Rohan, Jason Griffin found Colm Mahony who finished to the far top corner to put Castle 3 points ahead. Laune Rangers however responded very well with 3 scores to level matters again. A huge free from Jimmy O Grady saw Castle nudge ahead again before another Cleary score saw the two sides head into the break all level. Half time score: 2-2 0-8
Castle stormed out of the blocks at the start of the second half, with two great scores from Anto Kelliher and another O Grady free pushing the home side 3 ahead in the opening few minutes. Laune Rangers however refused to be beaten and notched back two great scores. Then, with 15 minutes to play came the pivotal moment of the game as a superb Castle counter attack found Jason Griffin through on goal and he found the net to put 4 between the teams. Laune Rangers would then go on a fantastic move of their own which would have resulted in a goal if it wasn’t for a superb point blank save from Shane Kenny. Rangers got their goal with just minutes remaining from the penalty spot to leave just 2 between the sides. However a huge 45 from Alan Fitz in the 35th minute of the second half saw Castle move 3 ahead once again. From here Castle showed massive character and battled manfully to see out the result which saw fierce celebrations from players, management and supporters.

Finuge 2-13 Reenard 2-11
Duagh 0-11 St Michael’s-Foilmore 1-7
Waterville Frank Caseys 1-17 Cordal 0-12
Tarbert W/O Valentia Young Islanders –
Churchill 3-9 Skelligs Rangers 0-10

Div 5 Gr A
Kenmare Shamrocks “B” 1-15 Milltown/Castlemaine “B” 1-13
This was a very exciting contest between two evenly matched sides that went down to the wire before the home side just held off a spirited visiting side. A well taken 15th minute goal from Tom Murnane, back after a long lay off, saw the home side lead 1-6 to 0-6 at the interval.
On resumption Kenmare had the better of the play early on but Milltown/Castlemaine upped the tempo of their game with John Blennerhassett on top of his game along with Adam Scanlon at wing forward and James O Shea successful with his free-taking. However, the overall strength of the home side led by Tom Murnane, (1-7), Kevin Price, (4pts) Eoin Finnegan, (2) and goalkeeper Ray O Shea with 2 (45s) proved best on the day. Enda and Aidan Crowley, Simon O Shea and Cian O Sullivan also impressed.

Scartaglin received W/O from Tuosist

Ballyduff 0-13 Kerins O Rahillys “B” 1-6
Ballyduff started brightly with points from Maurice Dowling and Phillip Lucid but Rahillys hit back; a speculative shot was parried by stand in goalkeeper Mikey Boyle but John McGrath knocked the ball into.the net. Ballyduff replied with two from Philip Lucid. Rahillys had two in reply with Dara Fitzgerald and Rory Molloy having minors. A late burst by Ballyduff yielded four pts-from Michael Hussey 2, Kevin Bowler 1 and Paul O Carroll 1 to leave Ballyduff ahead by a single pt at halftime.
Rory Molloy opened the scoring in the second half with a point but Philip Lucid, John Hussey and Shane McElligott had goal chances that went over. Dowling had his second pt of the day but Man of the Match Phillip Lucid had two pts to leave Ballyduff ahead at the final whistle.

Sneem/Derrynane 1-12 Dr.Crokes “C” 0-8
The home team were first on the board with a Tim Murphy point. Seán McGann equalized for Crokes and this was followed by Dion Burke and David McGillicuddy points for Sneem/Derrynane. They kicked on with 3 unanswered points from Conor O’Brien, Tim Murphy and Kevin O’Sullivan to make it 6 points to 2 on 24 minutes. Another Crokes point followed before Tadhg Sullivan again pointed for Sneem/Derrynane. Two Danny Healy points for Crokes closed the half on a score line of 0-7 to 0-5 for the home team.
An early Morgan O’Donoghue point for Sneem stretched the lead to 5 points. Dion Burke increased the lead to 6. Crokes hit back with one before Denis Sullivan got one for Sneem/Derrynane with 10 minutes gone. Seán McGann had a Crokes point on 15 minutes but Dion Burke and David McGillicuddy made it 1-11 to 0-7 on 25 minutes. Seán McGann again pointed for Crokes before Morgan O’Donoghue finished the scoring to make it five wins in a row for Sneem/Derrynane.

Beale 1-15 Dingle “B” 1-10
Beale opened the scoring with points from Ger O Gorman and James McMahon. Dingle drew level inside the first 10 minutes. Both teams attacked every chance they got and both sides defended well to keep scores at a minimum. Beale pulled ahead with two further points by Ian Mannix and point by Ger O Gorman from a free. Dingle responded with two further points but it was Beale who held a one-point lead at half time 0- 05 to 0- 04.
At the restart Beale started brightly, adding points from Barry O Mahony and Cillian Courtney followed by a goal for Beale from Barry O Mahony. Dingle responded with a goal themselves from Colin Moriarty. Beale continued though to have the upper hand and had further points from Eric Daly and Sean Maloney to see them ease to a five-point win at the final whistle. Both sides served up a game of fast open and sporting football throughout in an entertaining game.

Div 5 Gr B
Beaufort “B” 1-8 Knocknagoshel 1-18
Knocknagoshel dominated proceedings from the throw-in and had a goal by Edmond Walsh in the first minute. Michael Walsh, David O’Donoghue, John Walsh, Edmond Walsh and Niall Barrett added points for the visitors while three pointed frees by Paudie Coffey were the only first half scores for Beaufort B. Half time Beaufort B 0-3 Knocknagoshel 1-10.
Knocknagoshel, having introduced a number of substitutes early in the second half, continued to add to the scoresheet with Dan Roche, Edmond Walsh, Niall Barrett, Michael Keane and David Cahill adding further points. Beaufort B had second half points by Kevin Ferris, Paudie Coffey and Oisin O’Connor but Knocknagoshel ran out comfortable winners.

Austin Stacks “B” 5-12 Moyvane 2-9
Moyvane opened the scoring after two minutes of play with full forward Eamon Flaherty on target but this was the only time in the game that the visitors were ahead. Within the space of two minutes the home side took the lead when Donagh McKivergan pointed and Donagh McMahon goaled. But Moyvane reacted well with three unanswered points – two by Eamon Flaherty and the other from Gerry Clancy. Stacks then dominated the next ten minutes scoring 1-4 without reply – their goal coming from Ciarán O’Connell whose long shot was meant for one of his inside colleagues but the ball deceived both his colleague and the Moyvane keeper to sail all the way into the net. However, in the space of the next six minutes the North Kerry boys were back on level terms with two goals from Martin Stack – one from a well-taken 14 yards free – and the point from Gerry Clancy. Stacks finished the half the stronger with a goal and two points – John Dennis with the goal and the two points by Donagh McKivergan. This left the home side ahead by five at the break (3-7 to 2-5).
Stacks introduced two subs for the start of the second half and both had a big influence on the game. Michael O’Gara scored 1-2 – the goal coming from a well-taken penalty and both points coming from frees. The second sub, Dean Scanlon, scored the home side’s fifth goal of the game. In that second half Stacks outscored their opponents by 2-5 to 0-4 and at the end of the hour had a twelve points winning margin.
Austin Stacks: Donagh McMahon (1-2), Michael O’Gara (1-2 – penalty goal; two points from free), Donagh McKivergan (0-5 – one free), Ciarán O’Connell, John Dennis and Dean Scanlon (1-0 each), Rory Forbes (0-2) and David Fitzmaurice (0-1).
Moyvane: Martin Stack (2-3 – one goal from a free), Eamon Flaherty (0-3), Gerry Clancy (0-1) and Con Mulvihill .1pt, Shane Stack, 1pt

Killarney Legion “B” 2-10 Rathmore “B” 3-7
Rathmore hit the net 3 times; penalty from Mark Reen, Tadhg Mahony and the outstanding Brian Moynihan. At the break it was 1-7 to 3-4 in Rathmore’s favour.
Legion started the second half well and fought back well to close the gap with a Michael Devlin penalty and a Dylan Trant goal from play that saw Legion take the lead for the first time. It was nip and tuck for the remainder of the game.

Kilgarvan 3-14 Ballylongford 2-12
Kilgarvan took control of the first half with three well taken goals by Patrick O’Shea, Daniel Casey and Sean Godfrey. Ballylongford got one back through Ciaran O Connor before half time to keep them in the game. Kilgarvan’s defence was strong and worked well as a unit. Gearoid Fennessey and Jack Foley dominated midfield. The half time score was Kilgarvan 3-08 Ballylongford 1-06.
Ballylongford got the first two points of the second half which were followed by points from Patrick O’Shea, Sean Godfrey and Gearoid Fennessy. Daniel Casey went off injured 5 minutes into the second half. A second goal by Ballylongford from Michael Holly came too late with too much ground for Ballylongford to cover.

John Mitchels “B” 2-7 Asdee 1-11
Asdee won out in Tralee after a battle, having made the game much tighter than it probably should have been. In tricky windy conditions, Asdee played against the wind in the first half and got off to a lively start but were to squander a couple of chances after lovely team moves. Darren Russell opened the scoring with a great point for a well-deserved score. After the teams swapped scores, the crucial score of the game came when Owen Tydings finished a fine move with a rocket to the top corner of the net. Mitchels came back strong and nearly broke through for a couple of goals but some excellent play by the Asdee defence kept them out. Owen Tydings added 2 fine points before the break to see the teams all square at 1-3 each at half time.
Asdee started the second half strongly and went 2 points ahead with fine scores from Darragh Keane & Paul O‘Carroll. Mitchels hit back with a point before Darragh Keane, Darren Russell & Paul O’Carroll hit lovely points at the end of excellent flowing moves. Mitchels added a couple of frees to close the gap before Darragh Keane notched up 2 points, one an excellent long-range effort. Mitchels tried to break down the Asdee defence for a goal but it held firm, with one free to show for their endeavours. A brilliant Asdee counter attack ended with Shea Doran tipping it over for a fine point. 4 points down, Mitchels made a last push & won a penalty in injury time to make it a 1-point game. Asdee squandered a scoring chance before turning over the ball & the final whistle followed for a big win for Asdee. Asdee fought very hard, mighty work rate, with some lovely moves & if they had converted some of the wides it might have been a fairer reflection. Asdee move to a well-deserved third place in the table & now have Beaufort B in two weeks time.