County Senior Football League Review

Credit Union Senior Football League Div 1
An Ghaeltacht 5 4 0 1 95 69 26 8
K O`Rahilly’s 6 4 0 2 123 102 21 8
Kilcummin 6 4 0 2 105 87 18 8
Spa 6 4 0 2 110 96 14 8
Austin Stacks 6 4 0 2 97 84 13 8
Dr Crokes 6 4 0 2 117 104 13 8
Legion 6 3 0 3 111 68 43 6
Rathmore 5 3 0 2 113 94 19 6
Dingle 6 3 0 3 94 105 -11 6
Na Gaeil 6 1 0 5 78 116 -38 2
Templenoe 6 1 0 5 94 140 -46 2
St Mary’s 6 0 0 6 57 129 -72 0

Rathmore 1-10 An Ghaeltacht 1-8 Timmy Sheehan reports


Kerins O’Rahilly’s 2-25 Templenoe 2-11
Kilcummin 2-20 St Mary’s 0-10
Spa Killarney 4-8 Na Gaeil 3-9
Austin Stacks 3-11 Dingle 0-10
Dr Crokes 0-12 Killarney Legion 0-9

Credit Union Senior Football League Div 2
Glenbeigh-Glencar 6 5 1 0 84 64 20 11
Kenmare Shamrocks 6 5 0 1 99 77 22 10
Annascaul 6 4 0 2 90 67 23 8
Piarsaigh Na Dromoda 6 3 1 2 82 70 12 7
Ballymacelligott 5 3 0 2 81 71 10 6
Beaufort 5 3 0 2 77 71 6 6
Dr Crokes 6 3 0 3 104 107 -3 6
John Mitchel’s 6 2 1 3 84 98 -14 5
Brosna 6 2 0 4 80 100 -20 4
Desmonds 6 1 1 4 98 125 -27 3
Ardfert Football Club 6 1 0 5 64 74 -10 2
Glenflesk 6 1 0 5 77 96 -19 2

Kenmare 3-13 Ballymacelligott 2-8 Breda O’Shea reports

Glenbeigh/Glencar 0-14 Ardfert 0-11
Glenbeigh/Glencar maintained their lead at the top of Division 2 after a hard fought 3-point victory over a young Ardfert side.

Darren O’Sullivan opened the scoring for the home team but this was quickly cancelled out by a free from Nathan Driscoll. Ardfert were well up for this clash and began to take the game to Glenbeigh/Glencar. However a combination of poor shooting and good defensive play from the Glenbeigh/Glencar backs prevented them from making their early dominance show on the scoreboard. Once again Darren O’Sullivan put the home side in front and once again Ardfert’s Nathan Driscoll levelled the game. Glenbeigh/Glencar were well on top in the possession stakes especially around the middle of the field where Fergal Griffin and Colin McGillycuddy were dominant. Great work by Fergal Griffin led to yet another Darren O’Sullivan point. Despite having 80% of the play the Glenbeigh/Glencar forwards were guilty of some very poor shooting with four wides in succession. This poor shooting kept Ardfert in the game and when given the chance their forwards didn’t disappoint, kicking three unanswered points to put them up by five points to Glenbeigh/Glencar’s three. When it looked like Glenbeigh/Glencar could not buy a score up stepped Fergal Griffin with an excellent point to leave the bare minimum between the teams. Ardfert’s Nathan Driscoll extended their lead with his fourth point of the half but Caolim Teahan registered his first point on the stroke of half time. Despite Glenbeigh/Glencar’s dominance they found themselves trailing by a point-Glenbeigh/Glencar 0-5 Ardfert 0-6. Unbelievably Glenbeigh/Glencar had 14 wides and 3 shots dropped into the goalkeeper’s hands in what was a first half that the Glenbeigh/Glencar forwards will quickly want to forget.

Ardfert were fast out of the blocks in the second half and wing back Brandon Barrett kicked a great score to put two between the teams. Just when it looked like Ardfert could cause a major upset the Glenbeigh/Glencar forwards finally found their rhythm and great scores from Darren O’Sullivan, Daniel Griffin and Caolim Teahan with two put the home side in front by nine points to seven. At this stage Glenbeigh/Glencar were on top all over the pitch and their forwards were now playing more as a unit. However a mistake in the Glenbeigh/Glencar defence gave Shane Griffin the opportunity to close the gap between the sides and he duly obliged putting one point between the teams. Great fielding by Jack Brosnan and a quick ball into Kieran Courtney resulted in a fine point from him and this was quickly followed by a Tommy Cahill point. A rare Ardfert attack had the Glenbeigh/Glencar backs in trouble but a great block by Jack Brosnan followed by a superb save by Donal O’Neill, deflecting a goal bound shot over the bar, kept the home side in front. Darren O’Sullivan scored another point but once again wing back Brandon Barrett slotted over to keep Ardfert in touch. Another superb point from Darren O’Sullivan looked to have wrapped up the points for the home side but once again Ardfert battled back with two unanswered points. Despite owning the ball for most of the game Glenbeigh/Glencar had to endure a nervous last couple of minutes with the bare minimum between the teams. However the Glenbeigh/Glencar backs stood firm and a last minute score from substitute Jason McKenna secured the points for the home side.

Dr. Crokes B 1-5 Annascaul 3-14
Annascaul made a flying start as Alan Falvey and Jason Hickson (2, 1f) put them 0-3 to 0-0 ahead. Dr. Crokes hit back through Bryan O’Shea and Alan O’Sullivan before Aaron Murphy finished a great move to the net. Annascaul had the better of the second quarter. James Crean scored a beauty before an alert Fionn Coakley pounced when the keeper spilled a high ball from Killian Falvey to make it 1-4 to 1-2. Alan Falvey and James Crean added points to leave the half-time score 1-6 to 1-2 in favour of Annascaul.
Dr. Crokes started the second half brightly with two frees from Bryan O’Shea before James Crean pointed a brace to make it 1-8 to 1-4 to Annascaul. Killian Falvey and Andrew Finn added two more. Bryan O’Shea won and converted a free for Dr. Crokes but it was the last sting of a dying wasp, with Gearoid Lyne, Jason Hickson, and James Crean all picking off points for Annascaul before Crean blasted to the net for an emphatic goal that effectively sealed proceedings. Killian Falvey added another point before Fionn Coakley fisted his second goal just before referee Brendan Twiss sounded the final whistle.

Glenflesk 1 – 10 Piarsaigh na Dromoda 1 – 13
Dromid Pearses came away with the two points after a bruising encounter with Glenflesk in showery conditions this past Sunday.
The home side had the ideal start when Brian O’Donoghue opened the scoring with a delightful left foot shot. Unfortunately he had to go off injured soon after. Dromid then got into their stride though, with full forward Niall O’Se causing most of the damage. He scored one two without reply, the goal coming after collecting a pass and burying a right foot shot to the back of the net. Dromid added a further point to lead by one three to a point at this juncture.
The home side then began to get back into the contest. After a great block by Gearoid O’Leary, they began to put concerted pressure on the visitor’s defence. This would lead to a stylish right footed curling shot from wing back Kieran O’Donoghue after some slick passing created the space. A much-needed goal soon followed. Jerry Kennedy’s quick hand pass found Jonathon Bowler who finished to the roof of the net with a classy left foot strike. Gavin Kelly also kicked a lovely left foot point from an acute angle just before the break. Gary O’Donoghue then made a terrific last gasp block to deny a Dromid goal chance leaving Glenflesk trailing by one seven to one four at half time.

The South Kerry men came out for the second half in determined fashion. They registered the first three points of the half. A free from O’Se was followed by a fisted effort from centre back Padraig Jackie O’Suilleabhain before midfielder Dominic O’Suilleabhain dummied and slotted over with his left foot. Glenflesk opened their account with a fine right foot score in very little space by Stephen O’Donoghue. Chris O’Donoghue added another soon after as Glenflesk entered the closing stages behind by five points on a score of one eleven to one six.
Dromid had dropped into a defensive structure at this point as they tried to close the game out. This gave Glenflesk the chance to dominate possession and they were able to draw fouls from the massed defence, which were expertly converted by Ian Roche. Home goalkeeper Kenny Cronin also made a smart save to keep the contest open as injury time approached, with three points between the teams. One goal would rescue a point for Glenflesk. The chance never came though and the Maroons held on for the victory on a score of one thirteen to one ten.

Beaufort 1 – 14 Brosna 0 – 11
Fergal Hallissey opened the scoring for Beaufort with a point from the very first attack. However Brosna completely dominated the next 20 minutes, scoring 6 points in a row, with Tom McGoldrick unerring in his accuracy from frees and from play. Another Fergal Hallissey free and a Jeremiah O’Sullivan point gave Beaufort hope but two more frees from McGoldrick saw Brosna deservedly lead at half time on a scoreline of 0-8 to 0-3. Another McGoldrick free stretched Brosna’s lead to 6 points at the start of the second half, but in a complete reversal of the first half, 9 consecutive points put Beaufort in control. Sean Foley dominated at midfield and Jonathan Kissane, Liam Carey and Padraig Doona played very well in the forwards, and despite the best efforts of Eamon Kiely, Timmy Finnegan and Maurice O’Keefe, a late goal from Ciarán Kennedy sealed a win for Beaufort on a final scoreline of 1-14 to 0-11.

Castleisland Desmonds 2-14 John Mitchel’s 0-12

Credit Union Senior Football League Div 3
Gneeveguilla 5 5 0 0 97 56 41 10
Ballydonoghue 6 5 0 1 98 73 25 10
Listry 6 4 1 1 69 74 -5 9
Keel 6 3 2 1 63 71 -8 8
Listowel Emmets 6 3 1 2 87 73 14 7
St Senan’s 6 3 1 2 85 82 3 7
Currow 6 3 0 3 84 98 -14 6
Firies 6 2 1 3 88 90 -2 5
M’town/C’maine 5 1 1 3 86 80 6 3
St Pats 6 1 1 4 78 79 -1 3
Fossa 6 1 0 5 93 75 18 2
Lispole 6 0 0 6 64 141 -77 0

St Senan’s 2-10 St Patrick’s Blennerville 0-12
Visitors St Senan’s took all the points at stake when they travelled to Blennerville, with Willie Hurley’s 7 points for St Pats not being enough to guarantee victory for the home side.
The match was 6 minutes old before the first white flag was raised when St Pats’ Willie Hurley converted a free from close range. His effort was cancelled out by Sean Weir a minute later and quickly followed by a goal from Jason Browne on 10 minutes after catching the St Pats defence flatfooted. Conor Kennedy added another point on 18 minutes to lead by 4. St Senans second goal came late into the half and was well-worked, but took the visitors lead to 6 points. Luke Mulligan pulled a point back as the half ended on a score line of 0-04 to 2-03 in favour of St Senan’s.
St Senan’s started the brighter side and hit 3 unanswered points. St Pats, sensing that the game was slipping out of grasp, upped the ante and also hit 3 points, all from Willie Hurley to reduce the deficit to 5 points mid-way into the game. St Pats hit another purple patch late in the game with 4 straight scores to close the gap to 2 points but a Daniel Somers free and Donal Hunt point from play in injury time ensured that the away side were victors on a score line of 2-10 to St Pats 12 points.
St Pats: Joe Costello, Tommy Lynch, Eoin O’Carroll, Conor Moore, Tommy O’Connor, Brendan Poff, Joe O’Connor, Paul McMahon, Liam Poff, Patrick Dowling, Luke Mulligan (0-1), Breandan Savage,
David O’Callaghan (0-1), Eoin Greaney (0-3, 1f), Willie Hurley (0-7, 3f)
Subs: Fergal O’Brien for Brendan Poff, Jordan Conway for Joe O’Connor, Cillian O’Riordan for Liam Poff, Gary Savage for Breandan Savage, Ewan Feeney for Tommy O’Connor
St Senan’s: James Barry, Adrian Mahony, Sean T Dillon, Darragh Behan, Bill Keane, Eamon Shanahan, Jason Browne (2-1), David Foran, Con O’Keefe (0-1), Mark Behan, Paudie Quille, Conor Kennelly (0-3,1f), Sean Weir (0-1), Eoin O’Connell, Barry Mahony
Subs: Darragh Kennelly for Paudie Quille, Donal Hunt (0-2) for Adrian Mahony, Damien Somers (0-2) for Sean Weir, Paudi Whelan for Conor Kennelly

Ballydonoghue 3-11 Keel 0-8
Listowel Emmets 2-9 Currow 0-9
The sides were level at two points apiece after ten minutes on the clock with Sam Tarrant and Sean Keane raising white flags for Emmets as Pa McCarthy kept Currow in touch. Joe Joe Grimes fired the home side in front and they didn’t really look back from here going in at half time 1-05 to 0-06 thanks to a penalty converted by Grimes.
Currow came out fighting for the second half as Dan O Shea put the minimum between the sides but Tom McCarthy and Eddie Browne were on top around the middle and drove on Emmets to the finish. When Ger McCarthy got in to round the keeper for a goal with five minutes left the writing was on the wall for the visitors as Emmets ran out six point winners on a scoreline of 2-09 to 0-09.

Listry 0-11 Firies 1-6
It was a scrappy game that was riddled with mistakes from both teams but Listry that made fewer mistakes on the day and ran out winners in the end. Firies got off to the better with a free from Donnacha O Sullivan in the 1st minutes and a minute later Listry got their 1st point from Aaron Mc Carthy. In the 4th minute, a good ball played into the square by Aaron Flynn was won by Mike Day and he was fouled and awarded a penalty. The penalty was struck to the net, giving the Listry goalkeeper Tadhg Ahern no chance. Firies led 1-01 to 0-01. But Listry relied in the 6th and 7th minute with a point from play again from Aaron Mc Carthy and a free from Sean Lehane. Firies replied with another point from Donnacha to leave the score after 10 minutes Firies 1-02 Listry 0-03. Listry got the next point in the 14th minute and then a minute later were denied a goal from a great save by Cian Callaghan between the posts. Firies got the next two scores in the 16th and 18th minutes coming from play from Mike Daly and a another free from Donnacha. A heavy shower of rain descended on the game following this score and the game got scrappy with a lot of passing going astray from both sides. Listry got the next score in the 27th minute to bring the difference back to 2 points. Listry had a second goal chance in the 29th minutes only for a block from Firies corner back Dan O Shea and Listry kicked the resulting 45 wide. But Listry did get the final point from a free before the half time to leave Firies ahead by one point at the break, 1-04 to 0-06. Listry got off the much better start to the second half and got the first 3 points to lead 0-09 to 1-04 after 10 minutes. Then Mike Daly was to score two points from distance in the 12th and 14th to draw the game level. But these were to turn out to be the only scores Firies got in the second half. Listry were denied a third goal scoring opportunity in the 17th minute when a free from Ronan Bucley went all the way into the net but was disallowed for a push on the Firies keeper. Both teams put a lot of passes astray and made a number of handling errors for the remainder of the game but Listry added on two further points before the full time whistle to win by 2 points.
Firies Team: Cian Callaghan, Josh Flynn, Diarmuid Brosnan, Dan O’Shea, Liam Brosnan, Niall Dognohue, Stephen Foley, Pat Daly , Jake Flynn, Padraig O’Connor, Con O’Mahony, Mike Daly, Darragh Donohue, Donnacha O Sullivan, Aaron Flynn.
Subs: Shane Burke, Evan Cosgrove, Diarmuid O’Mahony, Padriag O’Mahony, Connall Murphy. Brian O’Leary, Sean Burke, Cathal O’Shea, Sean Cooper, Trevor O’Shea
Listry Team: Tadhg Ahern, Danny Wrenn, Conor O’Sullivan, Cian Bradley, Damian Clifford, Anthony Kennedy, Caolan Ryan, Eoghan Darmody, Billy O’Brien, Paul O’Donoghue, Ronan Buckley, Sean Lehane, Peadar Keane, Aaron McCarthy, Sean O’Sullivan
Subs: Colm Counihan, Kieran Murphy, Cian O’Donoghue, Aidan O’Donoghue, Denis O’Leary, Derry Ahern, Kieran Brosnan

Gneeveguilla v Milltown/Castlemaine was abandoned due to an injury

Fossa 5-17 Lispole 0-7

Credit Union Senior Football League Div 4
Laune Rangers 6 6 0 0 100 68 32 12
Duagh 6 4 1 1 59 49 10 9
Churchill 6 4 1 1 99 76 23 9
Finuge 6 3 1 2 89 72 17 7
Castlegregory 6 3 1 2 69 67 2 7
Reenard 6 2 1 3 99 89 10 5
Skelligs Rgrs 5 2 1 2 74 70 4 5
Waterville 6 2 1 3 95 99 -4 5
St Ml’s-F’more 6 2 1 3 83 96 -13 5
Tarbert 5 1 1 3 56 63 -7 3
Cordal 6 1 1 4 84 92 -8 3
Valentia 6 0 0 6 30 96 -66 0

Laune Rangers 1-8 Duagh 0-8 Tim Moynihan reports
St Michael’s-Foilmore 2-10 Waterville Frank Caseys 0-9
Finuge 6-13 Valentia Young Islanders 0-5
Laune Rangers 1-8 Duagh 0-8
Churchill 2-12 Tarbert 0-12
Skelligs Rangers 0-14 Cordal 0-12
Castlegregory GAA Club 3-11 Reenard 3-10

Credit Union Senior Football League Div 5 Gr A
Scartaglin 6 6 0 0 111 39 72 12
Beale 6 5 0 1 98 32 66 10
Dingle 6 4 0 2 96 83 13 8
Sneem/Derrynane 5 3 0 2 81 84 -3 6
Ballyduff 6 3 0 3 70 83 -13 6
K O`Rahilly’s 6 3 0 3 88 110 -22 6
M’town/C’maine 5 1 0 4 72 91 -19 2
Tuosist 5 1 0 4 40 67 -27 2
Dr Crokes 6 1 0 5 82 111 -29 2
Kenmare S 5 1 0 4 30 68 -38 2

Scartaglen 0-11 Beale 1-2
A dominant second half display propelled Scartaglen to a five point win over Beale in this top of the table clash. Beale performed well in the first half against a stiff breeze and restricted Scart to shooting from distance. Scart struggled to find their range and had only a pair of Shay Walsh frees and a sole point from Daniel Murphy to show for their first half efforts. Beale made hay before halftime with a quickfire 1-1. Ger Gorman scored the point. Moments later, Eric Daly evaded the attentions of the Scart defenders and drove straight at the goal. As it appeared he would shoot, he instead offloaded to James McMahon to apply the finish.
Half time: Scartaglen 0-3 Beale 1-1.
Scart showed much greater composure in the second half and reeled off six points without reply. Shay Walsh took his tally on the day to five, Eddie Horan scored a brace and Mike Coakley pointed well from play. This could have been worse for Beale were it not for two tremendous point blank saves from Séan Dee. The Beale goalkeeper performed exceptionally well on a tough day for his team. A Cormac Linnane effort was offset by late points from Pa Rahilly and Brian Riordan. A crucial win for Scartaglen. Sean Horan towered above all others in midfield while Padraig Reidy and Josh Kerins didn’t take a backward step all day. Along with Séan Dee, Ian Mannix and Fionnain Twomey led the Beale resistant.
Scorers for Scart: Shay Walsh 0-5; Eddie Horan 0-2; Daniel Murphy, Mike Coakley, Pa Rahilly, Brian Riordan (0-1 each)

Dingle “B” 5-9 Ballyduff 2-7
Played in sunny Páirc an Ághasaigh it was the home side Dingle through goals from Liam Brosnan and Patrick Sheehy that had the better start. Ballyduff replied with a goal from Kevin Bowler and a point from Padraig Harrington. Liam Brosnan kicked 3 more points and David Diony O’Connor kicked 2 points to leave the score Dingle 2-5 to 1-1 Ballyduff at half time.
Ballyduff’s Kevin Bowler kicked 3 points and Dingle added two more goals from David Diony O’Connor and Mark Ashe and a point from Stephen Boland. Jack O’Sullivan scored Ballyduff’s second goal shortly after. Deividas Uosis scored the fifth goal for Dingle after a great team move. Jack O’Sullivan responded for Ballyduff with two good points. Deividas Uosis and Luke O’Connell kicked points for Dingle and Ballyduff responded with another Jack O’Sullivan point. Tadhg Browne kicked the last score of the game for Dingle to make it at full time, Dingle 5-9 to 2-7 Ballyduff.

Kenmare Shamrocks “B” 0-7 Sneem/Derrynane 3-11
The visitors had a perfect start with a Kevin Sullivan goal. Kenmare pulled a point back in the 10th minute. The response from Sneem/Derrynane was a Dion Burke goal and a Tim Murphy point. The home team got another point before Conor O’Brien pointed two frees. Two Kenmare points from Conor O Brien closed the first half scoring at 2-3 to 0-4 to the visitors. Kenmare had a point one minute in , before Sneem/ Derrynane rattled off five unanswered points , Denis Sullivan (2pts) Conor O’Brien (1pt) , Dion Burke (1pt)and Tim Murphy (pt) . Kenmare answered with two points of their own before Morgan O’Donoghue fired in a third goal for the visitors . Two Denis Sullivan points and Morgan O’Donoghue point finished the scoring and secure a fourth victory in a row for Sneem/Derrynane.

Kerins O Rahillys “B” 3-11 Dr. Crokes “C” 1-15
Kerins O Rahillys overcame Dr. Crokes in a very exciting contest at Tralee with a 2pt win over the visitors. Despite a goal from Ciaran Brosnan and points from Sean McGann and Mark Hartnett in the first half Crokes were still down by 6pts at half time.Despite dominating on resumption with points from Sean McGann, Jack O Connor and Eanna Kavanagh launching a comeback but time ran out as missed goal chances in both halves were costly.Kerins O Rahillys got their scores through; Conor Hayes, 2-5. Donnagh O Brien, 1-3, Darragh Fitzgerald, 2pts, Kevin Johnson, 1pt. Rob O Connor, Tom McGrath, Rory Molloy, Jason O Leary and Cillian Gallagher played well.

Credit Union Senior Football League Div 5 Gr B
Kilgarvan 5 5 0 0 95 44 51 10
Knocknagoshel 5 5 0 0 79 60 19 10
Moyvane 6 3 1 2 95 88 7 7
Asdee 5 3 0 2 65 57 8 6
Cromane 6 2 1 3 117 86 31 5
Austin Stacks 5 2 0 3 90 54 36 4
Ballylongford 5 1 2 2 78 90 -12 4
Legion 5 2 0 3 64 95 -31 4
John Mitchel’s 6 1 2 3 64 110 -46 4
Rathmore 5 1 0 4 71 93 -22 2
Beaufort 5 1 0 4 52 93 -41 2

Rathmore “B” 5-15 Beaufort “B” 1-10
The opening score of the game came from Beaufort’s Paudie Coffey two minutes in. Rathmore’s backs were under pressure and Beaufort scored two more points from the boot of Cian Sullivan. Rathmore’s first score was from Paul Reen with ten minutes gone on the clock. Beaufort 0-03 to Rathmore 0-01. A great pass from Eoghan Hogan to Cian Sullivan ended up in the Rathmore net. A goal and a point from Rathmore’s Dean Fitzgerald in the 18th minute left Rathmore trailing by two points. Beaufort replied with two points from Kevin O’ Brien, leaving the score 1-06 to 1-03 in Beaufort’s favour. The best move of the half came from Rathmore’s Stephen Lehane and Dean Fitzgerald, linking up and Fionan Houlihan finding the Beaufort net. Rathmore finished off the first half in style with two more goals coming from Paul Reen and Mark T Reen. At halftime Rathmore were ahead 4-04 to 1-08.
The opening ten minutes of the second half were dominated by Rathmore, with Mark T Reen and Stephen Lehane scoring, assisted by Paul Reen. A great save by Beaufort’s goalie denied Dean Fitzgerald a certain goal. Michael A Kelliher subbed for Dean Fitzgerald and Michael got his first point to edge Rathmore further ahead at Rathmore 4-11 Beaufort 1-08. Beaufort’s scores in the second half came from Joe Glynwood and Oisin Connor.

Moyvane 6-13 Killarney Legion “B” 1-8
Although the visitors were first off the mark scoring 3 unanswered points with a free from Tadgh Doolan and 2 from Noel Moynihan, goals win games. In a game that saw 7 goals in total, with 6 from the home side, it was always going to be hard for the visitors to get a grip on the game. A hat-trick from Eamon O Flaherty, all scored within 5 minutes before the 20 minute mark, was followed quickly by another goal from center forward Martin Stack. This ensured that the home side went in at the break with a healthy advantage; Moyvane 4:04 Legion 0:08. Things looked brighter in the second half for Legion B when a goal from Tadgh Doolan hit the back of the Moyvane net and they had some good play in the forward line. Moyvane kept the pressure up however and following 2 goals from Edward Moore secured a valuable 2 points.
Moyvane Scorers Eamon O Flaherty 3:04, Geariod Mulvihill 0:01, Timmy Noonan 0:04,Martin Stack 1:02, Edward Moore 0:01, Niall Mulvihill 0:01,Shane Quinn 0:01
Legion B Scorers, Tadgh Doolan 01:02, Noel Moynihan 0:02,Dylan Trant 0:01,Mike Sullivan 0:01, Adam Moynihan 0:01,Rob Lucy 0:01.

Asdee 1-7 Cromane 1-6
Played at O Sullivan Park, Finuge where we had a pulsating County League Round 6 game that went right down to the wire before Asdee edged out Cromane by a single point that in fairness could so easily have went the other way. From the throw-in this game ebbed and flowed with both sides really committed to playing football and in fairness both defences were on top of their game in keeping the scoring rate down to a premium. The scoring got underway as early as the second minute when Darragh Keane the Asdee midfielder kicked over the first of his six pointed frees but this was quickly replied by Donnacha Walsh with a neat left legged kick from the 21 meter line to tie up the scores for the first of 5 times. Conor Sugrue, Finbarr Casey and Michael Foley for Cromane and Kieran Kelly, Mike Breen and John Doran for Asdee were all working overtime against their opponents. Eoin Kennedy who was roaming the field kicked a lovely point after 10 minutes before the Mid Kerrymen after a good build-up got through for a well taken goal from the elusive Emmett Casey 5 minutes later. Both sides kicked wides as play swung from end to end and in the 20th minute it was Eoin Kennedy who took advantage of a dropping ball in the edge of the area and he gave goalkeeper Paud McCarthy no chance with a screamer to the corner of the net. The half finished with Mikie Houlihan kicking 2 excellent points and at the break it was Asdee 1-4 Cromane 1-3. Cromane started the second half in explosive fashion with Mikie Houlihan, (2) and David O Shea putting their side in a commanding position and enjoying plenty possession. However Asdee weathered the storm and slowly got into the thick of things again with Darragh Keane who was easily the Man of the Match slotting over to level up matters by the 10th minute. Just one more score was had as both sides had scoring opportunities but failed in their attempts and as we approached the closing stages Asdee had a penalty claim turned down but eventually it was Darragh Keane who came to his sides rescue when he pointed the winner. Cromane will be disappointed as they were probably the favourites coming into the game but on this occasion it was the North Kerrymen who did probably get the rub of the green on this occasion and gained valuable County League points.Teams and scorers; Asdee; James Kelly, Con Carmody, Kieran Kelly, David O Connor, Mike Breen, John Doran, Shay Doran, Jack Keane, Darragh Keane, 7pts, Paul O Carroll, Sean Keane, Darren Russell, Cyril Dineen, Eoin Tydings, Eoin Kennedy, 1-1. Subs; Conor Keane for Shay Doran, Jack Collins for David O Connor,(bc). Cromane; Paud McCarthy, Liam Teehan, Michael Foley, Cathal Crosby, Finbarr Casey, Conor Sugrue, Shane Aherne, Niall Dennehy, Donnacha Walsh, 1pt, Shane O Neill, Mikie Houlihan, 4pts, David O Shea, 1pt, Sean O Sullivan, Darran Houlihan, Emmett Casey, 1gl. Subs; E. Griffin for Finbarr Casey. Referee; Denis Kennelly, Moyvane.

Ballylongford 1-10 Austin Stacks “B” 0-11
Ballylongford got their first win of the league with a home victory over Austin Stacks at O’Rahilly Park in difficult underfoot conditions. Ballylongford were on top in the early stages of the half with Ciaran O’Connor,Michael Holly and Thomas Doherty with a good long range effort all getting on the scoreboard and were leading four points to nil by the 17th minute. Stacks for their part had plenty possession but were failing to convert their chances,this was partly due to good work by the Bally defence but Dale Counihan got them off the mark in the 20th minute with a pointed free and added another a minute later. Ballylongford hit back with two quick points from Michael Tydings and Joe McCarthy but it was Stacks who were on top for the remainder of the half with Dean Scanlan and Denis Myers kicking over a further two points to leave them just two behind at half time. Ballylongford 0-6 Austin Stacks 0-4
Ballylongford started the second half in good fashion and extended their lead to five points with three unanswered points,However Stacks were quicker to reply in this half and had tacked on three points of their own by the 16th minute to reduce the deficit to two. As the game entered the final quarter two scores decided the outcome of the game,firstly Ciaran O’Connor contested a high ball into the square and punched it to the net to put Bally back to five ahead in the 18th minute,Stacks then hit back with a point from Ciaran O’Connell but a minute later they then had the ball in the net however it was disallowed for a throw after a good passing move this however didn’t deter them and the battled all the way to the final whistle and kicked over a further three points but time was against them as the home side held on for the win.

Knocknagoshel 1-10 John Mitchels “B” 1-6
Knocknagoshel made it five wins from five games in the County League on Sunday. The teams were level 2 points apiece at the end of the opening quarter with John and Edmond Walsh scoring for Knocknagoshel and Stephen Bowler and Jason Fitzgerald scoring for Mitchels. Knocknagoshel went on to score 1-2 in the second quarter with points by Edmond Walsh, Denis Roche and a goal by John O’Keeffe. Mitchels only reply was a late point by Mike Walsh. Half time score Knocknagoshel 1-4 John Mitchels 0-3.
Two points early in the second half extended Knocknagoshels lead to 6. Mitchels went on to score the next three points with two by Lawrence Bastible at either side of a fine score by Jason Fitzgerald. A pointed free by Edmond Walsh extended Knocknagoshels lead but a goal by Shane McMahon left just one point between the sides with four minutes remaining. Late points by Edmond Walsh and Michael Keane secured vicory for Knocknagoshel.