County League Division 5 – Round Up

Group “A”

Dr. Crokes “C” 0-15 Miltown/Castlemaine “B” 5-9

This game was a lot closer than the scoreline may suggest but thats not saying that the Mid Kerry side deserved their win. They lined out with a nice blend of youth and experience with the latter players leading by example. The sides were level with 10 minutes left for play but the visitors with Dylan O Neill starred registering 3 top class goals and was ably assisted by Derek Twiss and Alan Hickey who notched the remaining goals. Crokes scorers were, Sean McGann 8pts, Padraig Rooney, Sean Courtney, 2pts each, Shane Myler, 1pt.

Beale 3-12 Tuosist 0-5
Played in Bob Stack Park Ballybunion Beale had a comfortable win over a game Tuosist side. It was Beale who got the better start and led by 1-3 to 0-1 in the opening 10mins. The goal came from Fionan Toomey and points by Ger Gorman,,Darragh Buckley and Callum McSweeney while Tadgh Sugrue replied with a point for Tousist. Midway through the half Tousist went on to add 2 further points again from Tadgh Sugrue and Colm Brosnan. Beale’s response was swift and a goal and point from Darragh Buckley followed by further points from Jeremy King, Killian Walsh 0 Boyle and Eric Daly put Beale in complete control at half time. Score Beale 2-07 Tousist 0-03 Tousist started well in the second half and again added 2 further points fron centre forward Tadgh Sugrue(one free) but again Beale responded with a brace of points from Darragh Buckley,James McMahon,Eric Daly (3) and a goal by Callum McSweeney saw Beale record their third win in a row on a scoreline of Beale 3-12 Tousist 0-05

Kerins O Rahillys “B” 3-2 Scartaglin 2-17
Scart were always in control with the Tralee side keeping in touch with goals. However even though they were playing catch up they never gave up the chase. Scorers: Scartaglen; Eddie Horan 0-05,Shay Walsh 1-03,Brian Hanrahan 1-02,Daniel Murphy 0-01,Mike Coakley 0-01,Padraig Reidy 0-01,Hugh O’Connor 0-1, Brian O’Riordan 0-01,Sean Tangney 0-01,Pa Rahilly 0-01. Kerins O Rahillys; Daniel Nix, 2-1, Rory Molloy, 1gl, Darragh Fitzgerald, 2pts, Paud Griffin, 1pt.
Ballyduff 3-10 Kenmare Shamrocks “B” 0-7
After the high of winning the Co Junior Football Championship last week it was back to the bread and butter of the Credit Union sponsored Co League when Kenmare were visitors on Sunday last Ballyduff had the assistance of a fresh breeze and started lively with Pádraig Harrington with 3 pts and Eoin Ross with another; Cian McGrath had a goal and a pt. Ben Crowley opened the scoring for the visitors. A speculative shot from Pádraig Walsh ended up in the Kenmare net. Pádraig Harrington free and Cian McGrath from play. Ben Crowley with three pts left the half time score 2—6 to. 0–4 in Ballyduffs favour. Ben Crowley 1 and 2 from full forward Fionnan Doyle. Pádraig Slattery gl, Padraig Harrington,Anthony O Carroll ,Thos Slattery,Johnny o Regan completed the scoring leaving the final score Ballyduff 3—10 Kenmare b 0–7

Sneem/Derrynane 1-21 Dingle “B” 2-13
Played in sunny Derrynane where the home team led at halftime by 1-8 to 1-3. Denis Sullivan (1-2),Shane McGillicuddy(3pts),Conor O Brier(1pt),Dion Burke(1pt),Tim Murphy(1pt), scored for Sneem/Derrynane while David O Connor (1-1)and Colm Benny Moriarty and Declan Devine with a point each accounted for the Dingle scores.the second half was to be a high scoring one with some wonderful points , 2 each from Dion Burke,Tim Murphy,Tadgh Sullivan and Conor O Brien and single pionts from Kevin O Sullivan,Denis O Sullivan,Brendan O Sullivan, Shane McGillicuddy, and Paudie McGillicuddy for Sneem/Derrynane and the Dingle scores coming from David O Connor (1-4),Declan Devine(3pts),Darragh Ryan (2pts),Patrick Sheehy (2pts).


Beaufort “B” 0-6 Kilgarvan 2-12
Kilgarvan travelled to Beaufort for round 3. The sun was shining but there was a strong breeze blowing. Beaufort B won he toss and opted to play with the wind for the first half. Beaufort had 2 points from Paudie Coffey before Daniel Casey replied with the next two for Kilgarvan. Donal O’Sullivan scored 2 frees to put Kilgarvan ahead 4 points to 2points after 10 minutes. Cian O’Sullivan Beaufort and Donal O’Sullivan swapped points before Donal got the next two points. Kilgarvan were putting on the pressure and with some great midfield play by Gearoid Fennessy and passing move by Jack Foley resulted in a fine goal for Sean Godfrey. Half time score was Beaufort B 0-05 Kilgarvan 1-07
Kilgarvan’s Donal O’Sullivan opened the second half with a fine point from play. Kilgarvan’s intensity in defence was super and great passing moves kept Beaufort scoring to the minimum in the second half with just a point from Padraig Hallissey. Donal O’Sullivan scored another fine point before finding the back of the net for Kilgarvan’s second goal of the match. Great team display by Kilgarvan saw them deserving winners on a scoreline of Beaufort B 0-06 Kilgarvan 2-12.

Killarney Legion “B” 1-15 Austin Stacks “B” 1-11

Legion playing at home against a fancied Stacks side but came away with a fully deserved result. It took both sides a while to settle but when they did they provided a very entertaining game. There was very little separating the sides and Legion did well to go in at the break 2pts clear. 1-7 to 1-5. The second half saw more of the same with legion maintaining their lead. Stacks kept coming forward and always looked a threat. However Legion were able to keep them at arms length and held out in an exciting finish,

Asdee 1-9 Rathmore “B” 1-5
Played at Walsh Park the home side had a hard earned win against the East Kerry side who in fairness had the bigger amount of possession, kicked 13 wides in total but a late rally from Asdee with Darragh Keane on target just edged out Rathmore for victory. The visitors got in to their stride from the throw in and Padraig O Mahony popped over a neat point after 2 minutes. At this stage the play was from end to end but Rathmore were off target while the home side led by Paul O Carroll ; was a thorn in the visitors throughout and who found the net in the 16th minute with his 2 points having come earlier and Asdee led 1-2 to 0-1. However points were exchanged with Padraig O Mahony and Stephen Linnane for the visitors and Darren Russell and a Paul O Carroll free for the home side leaving it at the break; Asdee 1-4 to 0-3. Within 3 minutes on resumption Rathmore had drawn level; their goal coming from Dean Fitzgerald after 5 minutes after a blunder in the Asdee rearguard, Padraig O Mahony added the point to level the tie up. The final quarter was probably when the better football was played and even though Rathmore was wastefull it was nip and tuck. Eoin Tydings and Paul O Carroll had Asdee ahead by two in the 16th minute only for Padraig O Mahony to narrow the gap once more 3 minutes later. Mike Breen restored Asdees tally to 2 after a great run from his wing back position. 2 minutes remaining and Asdee had the chance to put the game out of reach when they were awarded a penalty but the usually reliable Eoin Tydings hit the butt of the post and the ball was cleared to safety. Still with the bit between their teeth Darragh Keane with 2 late late points in injury time sealed the win. Both Padraig O Mahony, 1 4 and Stephen Lehane were excellent in attack while Darragh Cronin and Brian Reen excelled in defence. Asdee had Darragh Keane, Darren Russell, Eoin Kennedy, Mike Breen along with Man of the Match Paul O Carroll in great form.

Cromane 3-10 Moyvane 0-7
Cromane picked up their first win in this year’s County League with a very good display in sunny Cromane on Saturday evening.
Moyvane, however, started the better and led by 0-2 to 0-1 after five minutes before referee Mike Moriarty pointed to the spot in the 7th minute after a foul on Cromane’s Mikey Houlihan. The resulting penalty was expertly converted by Darren Houlihan to give Cromane a lead (1-1 to 0-2) that they would never relinquish.
A second goal arrived for the Mid Kerry men in the 15th minute with Mikey Houlihan cutting through the centre of the Moyvane defence to slot the ball into the back of the net. This gave Cromane a 2-2 to 0-4 lead and despite some lovely points from Moyvane full-forward Martin Stack, Cromane led at the break by 2-5 to 0-5 aided by a series of late first-half points from Shane O’Neill, and the Houlihan brothers.
The second half was a cagey affair with eight minutes having elapsed before the next score arrived, a Martin Stack free. Moyvane then cut the gap to four, 2-5 to 0-7, with a fine Jerry Clancy point. However, this proved to be the North Kerry men’s final score as Cromane regrouped and set out to dominate the last 20 minutes of the game.
Points followed from Cromane’s Donnchadh Walsh, Niall Dennehy, Finbar Casey, and Mikey Houlihan. Darren Houlihan ended the afternoon’s scoring with a goal in injury time to put a somewhat lopsided look on the final scoreboard: Cromane 3-10, Moyvane 0-7.
Best for Cromane were Shane O’Neill, Conor Sugrue, Cathal Crosby, Donnchadh Walsh and Mikey Houlihan.
Moyvane’s best performers included Shane Stack, Martin Stack, and Eamonn O’Flaherty.

John Mitchels B 2-11 Ballylongford 2-11
Ballylongford resumed their County league with a away trip to John Mitchels and after winning the toss were playing with the aid of a strong breeze in the first half which they never really took advantage of and were only two points ahead at half time on a score of John Mitchels 0-3 Ballylongford 0-5.
Jason Deegan replacing Jack Mulvihill who received a black card midway through the half.
The second half was a much liverier affair both sides swapped points in the opening minutes and Ciaran O’Connor had Ballylongford three points clear by the tenth minute but Mitchels were now using the wind to good effect and after kicking two earlier points from Shane McCarthy and Padraig White they struck for a goal to put them level by the end of the third quarter.
Ballylongford needed a response and Matt Connor who joined the attack at every opportunity goaled in the 17th minute after a good passing move putting the visitors noses in front again.
Eoin O’Connor and Ciaran Killeen swapped points before Wayne Duggan got in for Mitchels second goal drawing the sides level again and they went on to tack on a further two points with time running out.
Ballylongford worked hard to get back in the game and Tadhg McEllistrim broke through the defence to strike for a fine goal in the 31st minute,but Mitchels managed an equaliser deep into injury time giving them their first points of the league.