From next Monday one of Tralee’s main streets will reopen on a two-way traffic system.
Improvement works have been ongoing on Denny Street for the past number of weeks as part of the Tralee Active Travel Town project and a 1.7-million-euro investment in the town centre.
From 6am next Monday traffic, except heavy goods vehicles will be permitted to turn right from Prince’s Street and progress up Denny Street.
Parallel parking has also been reintroduced on the street.
In summary, the following changes will be place from Monday 22 May at 6.00am:
· Traffic will be two-way on Denny Street
· Traffic (except for HGVs) can turn from Prince’s Street/Godfrey Place onto Ivy Terrace and proceed along Denny Street
· At the top of Denny Street, traffic will veer right onto Castle/Ashe Street
· There will be parallel parking on both sides of Denny Street
· The Mall will remain closed to traffic as works continue there
Motorists are asked to pay attention to additional signage and new traffic lights and signals and to proceed with caution while members of the public adjust to the new arrangements.
Work on a significant enhancement of The Mall is continuing to schedule and Tralee town centre remains fully open for business.