« BackCinema evacuated following suspected gas leak

Tralee Omniplex Cinema was evacuated last night following a suspected gas leak at the nearby Aquadome.

Two units of Tralee Fire Brigade were called to the scene at 9:07pm last night to the South Circular Road where a strong smell of gas had been reported.

Tralee Fire Engine

The road was cordoned off by Gardaí while fire crews doused the area surrounding the gas cylinder tanks at the rear of the Aquadome as a precautionary measure.

The nearby Omniplex cinema was also evacuated as a safety precaution.

Tralee Gardaí confirmed to Radio Kerry News that a representative from Bórd Gais attended the scene to deal with the issue.

The fire brigade operation concluded at 11:51pm.

Tralee Gardai this morning said that the issue has been resolved and there is no risk to the public.