« BackTourist urges vigilance after suspected dog poisoning on Ring of Kerry

dog collar

A tourist from the UK is urging vigilance after her dog died following a suspected case of poisoning on the Ring of Kerry.

Hillary Day, her husband and two dogs have spent two weeks touring the Ring of Kerry in a motor home.

However, their five-year-old collie Millie died within 24 hours of becoming sick in recent days.

Although, a post mortem was not carried out on Millie, Hillary says the signs were characteristic of poisoning.

In April, last year there were three dogs who suffered from suspected strychnine poisoning in Killarney.

Hillary says they never went off a public footpath with their dogs and she is urging people not to lay poison: