« BackSister of carbon monoxide poisoning victim appeals for alarms in commercial buildings

The family of a young woman who died from suspected gas poisoning has called for carbon monoxide alarms to be fitted at all commercial properties.


Siobhan Barrett from Athea, whose sister Miriam Reidy died from suspected carbon monoxide poisoning, is appealing to people to install an alarm in their home. Co Limerick born Miriam, who lived in Tralee and worked in the AIB in Killarney, had been a guest of the Trident Hotel in Kinsale on the night before she died. Her sister said that since the beginning of the year, all new homes have to be fitted with a carbon monoxide alarm.

But Ms Barrett said she has no doubt her sister would still be alive today if the same law applied to all premises.