The ornamental gardens have been undergoing restoration and re-creation for some time now.
Today marks the 155th anniversary of the visit of Queen Victoria, Prince Albert and family to the first Kenmare House in Killarney.
The original Killarney House was built around 1726, and part of it is contained in the current house which dates back to 1915.
It was once home to the Earls of Kenmare, and later US building magnate John McShain, who donated it to the Government.
Today’s launch began at 11am, and was aimed to give people a chance to see the ongoing restoration and re-creation of the gardens at Killarney House.
The works have been funded by the Department of Arts, Heritage, Regional, Rural and Gaeltacht Affairs, as well as Fáilte Ireland.
Speaking at the launch, Minister of State for Regional Economic Development, Michael Ring urged people avail of Killarney National Park more: