The family of a woman kept waiting for an ambulance last Sunday morning say they never received an apology from the National Ambulance Service.
The patient’s daughter says the family also disputes the times admitted by the service as to how long her mother was kept waiting for an ambulance.
The issue had been highlighted by Deputy Michael Healy-Rae, who has accused the National Ambulance Service of reckless behaviour.
The incident arose when an emergency call was made by a doctor at the woman’s home in Annascaul on Sunday morning last, April 10th.
The National Ambulance Service admits the patient was waiting for almost an hour before a crew arrived but this is disputed by the family.
In a statement released to Radio Kerry news, the National Ambulance Service apologised to the patient and her family for any additional pain and suffering which may have occurred.
It said the emergency call had been clinically triaged at its Dublin control centre and deemed to be of a lower priority and a decision taken not to dispatch the night crew from Dingle.
The woman’s daughter says although the local crew apologised and said they could not understand the reason for the delay, the family has not received an apology from the National Ambulance Service.
She says the HSE’s response and what appears to have been a downgrading of a medical emergency has added to their distress.
She feels the decision was based on financial considerations and could cost lives.