Businesses, private gardens are small spaces in Tralee have all been recognised in the annual Tralee Tidy Towns Competition.
Housing estates are split into four categories based on size and scored out of 100 for tidiness, litter control, footpaths, open spaces and streetscape.
Caheranne Close and Castlemorris won the compact estate category.
Quarryvale, Mounthawk won the small estate category.
Knockmoyle came out on top in the medium estate section and Manor Village was named the winner of the large estate category.
Knockmoyle, Ashleigh Downs and Connolly Park will also get awards for being the most improved estates.
29 private gardens around the town will also be honoured along with businesses split into categories such as garages, hotels, pubs, shop fronts and restuarants.
There will be a prize-giving night at the Rose Hotel on 17th October.
Results of Tralee Tidy Towns Competitions 2016
Imperial Hotel, Denny St,
Benner’s Hotel , Castle St.
Ballygarry Hotel, Tralee.
Our Lady and St Brendan’s Church, Upper Rock St.,
County Museum, Ashe Memorial Hall, Denny St.,
Tralee Municipal District Operations Office, Princess Quay,
Small Benners, The Mall,
Garveys Supervalu, Lower Rock St.,
Hilser’s Jewellers, Castle St.,
The Brogue Inn, Lower Rock St, Tralee,
Hennessy’s Bar, Upper Castle St.
Slieve Mish Bar, Boherbue, Tralee
Connie Nolans, North Circular Road,
Spar, Louis Byrnes, Caherslee, Tralee.
The Roast House, Denny St.,
Denny Lane, Denny St.,
Christina’s, The Square, Tralee.
Enhancement of Small Space Areas in the town:
The Bee Garden, Blennerville Primary School,
Mulchinock’s Corner, Upper Rock St
Hugh O’Flaherty Memorial, Strand St
Estate Category: 2016 – Compact
1 Caheranne Close 94% Gold
1 Castlemorris 94% Gold
3 Croílár na Mistéalach 91% Gold
4 Glenard 90% Gold
4 Westcourt 90% Gold
N/Q Pembroke Street
Estate Category: 2016 – Small
1 Quarryvale Mounthawk 98% Gold
2 Lohercannon 95% Gold
3 Ballinorig Estate/Close 92% Gold
4 Kerin’s Park 91% Gold
Estate Category: 2016 – Medium
1 Knockmoyle 96% Gold
2 Kevin Barry’s Villas 94% Gold
2 Ashgrove Ballyvelly 94% Gold
4 Kileen Heights 93% Gold
5 Spa Road 90% Gold
6 Ashleigh Downs 80% Silver
Estate Category: 2016 – Large
1 Manor Village 99% Gold
2 Fairway Heights 93% Gold
3 St.Brendan’s Park 91% Gold
4 O’Rahillys Villas/Strand St/Rae St/Walshes terrace 90% Gold
5 Connolly Park 85% Silver
6 Balloonagh Estate 80% Silver
New prize category for 2016 to reward the hardest working estates
Most Improved Estates since 2015:
1 Knockmoyle – 16% improvement
2 Ashleigh Downs – 15% improvement
3 Connolly Park – 11% improvement
Private Garden Awards:
- Mrs Eileen McCord, 75 Connolly Park
- Fabian Luganda, 1A Cherry Court, Ashleigh Downs
- Gina Colloty, 2 Ash Court
- Brenda O’Connell, 48 Killeen Heights, Kileen Road
- Ann Hobbort, 14 O’Rahilly’s
- Brenda Houlihan, 63 O’Rahilly’s Villas
- Mary McCarty, 8 Strand Street Upper
- PJ Higgins, 18 Lohercannon
- Marie Sheahan 46 Lohercannon
- Mary Foley, 77 St Brendan’s Park
- John McCarthy 4 St Brendans Park
- Mary Foley, 3 Knockmoyle
- Mrs Malone, 5 Knockmoyle (wild garden theme)
- Helen Leahy, 10 Knockmoyle
- Irene Foley, 55 Knockmoyle
- Ina Healy, 85 Spa Road
- Mary Redmond, 95 Spa Road
- Peter Coffey, Clonmore Terrace, Tralee
- John O’Sullivan, Killerisk, Tralee
- Anna Shet, 1 Deerpark
- George Lynch, 1 Manor Court
- Freda Conroy, 1 Manor Place
- Martin Walsh, 1 Manor Park
- Bernadette O’Carroll, 120 Shanakill
- Irene O’Donnell, 6 O’Conners Terrace, Oakpark
- Una Buckley, 72 Meadowlands
- Mr. Hussey, 16 Rathoonane, Tralee.
- Casandra Looby, 1 Cherry Court, Tralee.
- Mrs O’Sullivan, Laurel Court, Tralee.