« BackBudget 2013 – reduction in public service numbers, Venture Capital Fund, funding for Enterprise Ireland, Dept of Jobs Enterprise & Innovation
- The number of people working in the public service will be reduced to 282,500 by the end of 2014.
- Minister for Public Expenditure and Reform, Brendan Howlin says the expenditure adjustments he is announcing “amount to just under €2bn out of an overall adjustment of some €3.5 billion.
- Enterprise Ireland with receive an allocation of €139m to support indigenous Irish exporters in 2013.
- The total capital expenditure for the Department of Jobs, Enterprise and Innovation will be just under €500m in 2013.
- A new ten-year €175m Venture Capital Fund will be launched, which will fund new and expanding Irish companies over the medium term.