Kerry has been allocated 2.75 million euro for the improvement of water supplies in rural areas in the county. The 2004 allocation for Kerry will upgrade polluted and unsatisfactory rural water supplies. Approximately one third of rural households in the country get their drinking water from group water schemes. These schemes are community owned piped water supply systems, of which 60% are connected to local authority water mains. The remaining 40% depend on private sources such as lakes, rivers and boreholes.Many schemes depending on these private sources experience water quality problems. The 2.75 million allocated to Kerry will go toward ensuring these services are connected to local authority water mains or providing stand alone water treatment facilities. The funding has been welcomed by Deputy Tom McEllistrom.
Chair of Kerry Pro-Life, Cllr John Joe Culloty FF spoke about the removal by the council of posters for pro-life meetings. http://media.radiokerry.ie/upload/radiokerry/audio/2018_02_16_kcc.mp3
David Buttimer, retired economist disagrees with Frank McDonald’s analysis. http://media.radiokerry.ie/upload/radiokerry/audio/2018_02_16_frankmac.mp3