Fire Brigade attend scene of fire at Killarney

An 81 year old woman and a 63 year old man are in a comfortable condition in Kerry General Hospital after a house fire at their home in Killarney. Fire brigade personnel were alerted to the incident shortly after 8 o clock after a neighbour noticed smoke coming from the house. Both occupants are believed to be suffering from smoke damage.Fire Officer Vincent Hussy says it could have been a lot worse without the intervention of a neighbour. He says the fire began in a front room of the house and may have been started by an electrical appliance. Mr Hussy says it highlights the need to take care of elderly neighbours.

SHARE